Come and join your child at lunch time on Friday, March 7 in our quad area. Bring a blanket, a sack lunch, and a few books to read so you can sit back and share some quality reading time. Lunch with a Loved One will take place during the regularly scheduled lunch times.
- Grades 1, 2, and 3. . . 11:10 - 11:50
- Grades 4 and 5. . . 11:50 - 12:30
- Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten. . . 10:15 – 10:45
Daylight savings time begins Sunday, March 9. Be sure to move your clocks ahead hour before going to bed Saturday night.
All CVES students are invited to audition and perform for the Crown Valley 2014 Variety Show. Information is coming home this week. Variety Show flyers can also be found in the school office.
Important Dates. . .
- Tuesday, February 18
- 3:00-3:30 Preschool and Kindergarten
- 3:30-4:00 1st and 2nd Grades
- 4:00-4:30 3rd and 4th Grades
- 4:30-5:00 5th Grade
- Tuesday, February 25
- 3:30-4:30 Make up audition
- Dress Rehearsal
- Wednesday, March 19th
- Mandatory for all performers
- Performers MUST be in full costume with any props
- Variety Show
- Friday, March 21, 6:00 PM
- Performers must arrive ay 4:30 PM
The Smarter Balance Assessment Consortium (SBAC) is the student assessment program aligned with the Common Core State Standards. The assessment is computer based and requires students to demonstrate a number of technological skills, besides his/her knowledge of the curriculum taught in the classroom. Students need to practice keyboarding, dragging information with a mouse, and drawing lines with a mouse, as well utilizing buttons to move to the next page. The assessment will be administered to elementary children in grades 3-5. Results from the testing program will not be shared with the families or school sites for the first two years. This year, the focus will be on assessing the technological infrastructure of the school sites and the validity of the test questions.
Crown Valley students will be assessed the March 18 - April 4. However, a practice test is now available. Teachers will be working with the students in the school's computer lab. Students can practice at home, too. The Smarter Balance Practice Test can be accessed from a link on the STUDENT tab on the CVES website.
Crown Valley is excited to once again be a part of Pacific Symphony’s Class Act program! Our adopted musician this year is bass player Doug Bayse. He will be sharing the music of George Gershwin through the theme of jazz.
Crown Valley is required to provide 10 volunteers to Class Act as part of our partnership with Pacific Symphony. Please consider volunteering for one of the options below! Our volunteers from last year all had an amazing experience. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact me at Cfrickman0@icloud.com
Musical Carnivals: Oct. 26th Halloween Masquerade, Jan 11th The Magic Potion, March 8th Dinosaurs!, May 10th Peter and the Wolf
* The musical carnival is a hands-on activities fair that is part of the Family
Musical Mornings concert series.
* At the Carnival, volunteers assist with games, crafts, ushering and other
activities related to the concert theme.
* Time commitment is roughly 5 ½ hours: 7:45am-1:15pm.
Class Act Youth Concerts
* Thousands of local school children attend concerts at the Renee and Henry
Segerstrom Concert Hall, featuring music of George Gershwin. This
Concert is the culminating event of the Class Act year.
* Volunteers assist with seating children, loading and unloading busses,
greeting school groups etc.
* Time commitment is 4 ½ hours on weekday morning: 7:45am-12:15pm
with optional luncheon afterwards.
* The date for this event will be June 4th, 5th or 6th when Crown Valley
students attend their concert (date will be determined later).
Class Act 50% Off Flyer