All CUSD students will enjoy a holiday on Monday, April 21. This day has been set aside as a teacher training day for the implementation of Common Core State Standards. Students return to school on Tuesday, April 22.
Please join us for the Class Act Family Night on Wednesday, April 30 at 7:00 PM. This is free concert presented by the Pacific Symphony and highlighting our Class Act Musician, Doug Bayse. The concert is free to all Crown Valley families and community members. The Outdoor Science Camp Committee will be selling dinner and treats starting at 5:30 PM. Proceeds from the food sales will support our current 4th grade students in attending science camp next year.
Crown Valley is excited to once again be a part of Pacific Symphony’s Class Act program! Our adopted musician this year is bass player Doug Bayse. He will be sharing the music of George Gershwin through the theme of jazz.
Crown Valley is required to provide 10 volunteers to Class Act as part of our partnership with Pacific Symphony. Please consider volunteering for one of the options below! Our volunteers from last year all had an amazing experience. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact me at Cfrickman0@icloud.com
Musical Carnivals: Oct. 26th Halloween Masquerade, Jan 11th The Magic Potion, March 8th Dinosaurs!, May 10th Peter and the Wolf
* The musical carnival is a hands-on activities fair that is part of the Family
Musical Mornings concert series.
* At the Carnival, volunteers assist with games, crafts, ushering and other
activities related to the concert theme.
* Time commitment is roughly 5 ½ hours: 7:45am-1:15pm.
Class Act Youth Concerts
* Thousands of local school children attend concerts at the Renee and Henry
Segerstrom Concert Hall, featuring music of George Gershwin. This
Concert is the culminating event of the Class Act year.
* Volunteers assist with seating children, loading and unloading busses,
greeting school groups etc.
* Time commitment is 4 ½ hours on weekday morning: 7:45am-12:15pm
with optional luncheon afterwards.
* The date for this event will be June 4th, 5th or 6th when Crown Valley
students attend their concert (date will be determined later).
Class Act 50% Off Flyer